Liu is professor and director of Classical Culture Studies Centre at Renmin University. He has been considered the prototypical example of a cultural Christian, meaning a believer who may lack a specific church identification or affiliation. He is one of the main forerunners of the academic field of Sino-Christian Theology.
- Liu, Xiaofeng, Chen, Zhao., Lu, Ming. “Beyond Lewis: rural-to-urban migration with endogenous policy change.” China Agricultural Economic Review 2 (2013): 21-230.
- Liu, Xiaofeng, and Zhang, Jun. “The evolving pattern of the wage-labor productivity nexus in China: evidence from manufacturing firm-level data.” Economic Sysmtems. 3 (Sep 2013): 354-368.
- Liu, Xiaofeng, Gan, Yang., Zhang, Zhilin. “Classical Western studies in China.” Trans. Chang, Michael. Chinese Cross Currents. 3 (Jul 2012): 98-114.
Collections and Book Chapters
- Liu, Xiaofeng. Sino-Theology and the Philosophy of History: A Collection of Essays by Liu Xiaofeng. Leopold Leeb. Brill Academic Pub. 2015.
- Liu, Xiaofeng. “Sino-Christian theology in the modern context.” Sino-Christian studies in China. Eds. Yang, Huilin; Yeung, Daniel H.N. Newcastle, England: Cambridge Scholars Press, 2006. 52-89.